20 March 1957
Sent a letter to Wright Brian PhD re-possibility of Russia obtaining access to American industrial know-how through stock in American corporations.
From Lenten guideposts – P. D.
“Plant Foremen Put Christianity to Work” by Morehead Wright – GE Management Institute, Crotonville, N.Y.
Four years it took. Kurt has the article in his billfold.
The 10 guiding principles of foremanship:
- Put yourself in the other fellow shoes.
- Give clear and concise instructions.
- Be fair and give credit and recognition.
- Handle complaints personally and promptly.
- Develop inquisitive inquisitiveness about the job.
- Keep your promises.
- Develop and use good judgment.
- Develop true humility.
- Learn how to know your employees.
- Lead don’t command.
Zachmannisia for the day:
When all the pluses and minuses are all tallied at the end of a life – who shall say which one was the smartest – the so-called “wise man”, or the so-called “fool”?