21 March 1957
After hearing “Conversations” on radio – My summary of “What is an Educated Person” – I refuse to limit it to an educated “Man”. (Robinson Crusoe)
An educated person is one who has a philosophical, positive, beneficial, and an active approach to life situations as they emerge, on whatever level one finds oneself.
The above is my summary.
Van Doren mentions Bacon, and quotes him so:
“Reading maketh a full man. Conference maketh a ready man. Writing maketh a precise man.”
Letter to Mr. Wright Bryan –
After reading Sylvia Porter’s column “Girls Have Arrived and Sylvia’s Delighted” in this morning’s P.D., I wonder where, or if, I can get the following information:
- Where can I obtain a copy of “Woman Power”?
- Where can I get the latest, or a similar study on:
- What subjects on a national high school level are being taught female students.
- Our national divorce rate and its incidence in states or cities.
- The number of juvenile delinquency cases across our nation.
- How many children are known to be social problems due to broken homes – nationwide.
And please don’t pass me over to Flora MacFarland. You did this to me once before and I never did get my question answered.
An information seeker,
P.S. You are at perfect liberty to tell me to go dig out my own information.